Both of these artists have explored world rhythms and pushed the boundaries of popular music, and through their music, continue to speak to generations of fans.
Now, Paul Simon and Sting will perform a series of concerts onstage -- together.
The duo has been friends for years, so their collaboration on a tour is a natural fit. At each performance, organizers say audiences will be treated to the unique pleasure of experiencing these two musicians on stage together, in addition to solo performances with their respective bands.
"We are thrilled to be bringing together these iconic artists," said Arthur Fogel, president of Global Touring and chairman of Global Music, Live Nation. "As individual artists, Paul and Sting have had a diverse and unique history, and I suspect the challenge for both of these prolific songwriters will indeed be narrowing down the song choices."
Tickets for the Houston show will go on sale Monday, November 18th at 10am. They will be available at www.livenation.com, www.houstontoyotacenter.com, by phone at 1-866-4-HOUTIX or most area Randall's stores.
PAUL SIMON & STING: ON STAGE TOGETHER -- North American Tour Itinerary 2014:
- Feb. 8: Houston, TX -- Toyota Center; On sale Nov. 18 10am
- Feb. 9: Dallas, TX -- American Airlines Center; On sale Nov. 18 10am
- Feb. 11: Denver, CO -- Pepsi Center; On sale Nov. 18 10am
- Feb. 15: Los Angeles, CA -- Forum; On sale Nov. 12 10am
- Feb. 17: San Jose, CA -- SAP Center at San Jose; On sale Nov. 12 10am
- Feb. 19: Seattle, WA -- Key Arena; On sale Nov. 18 10am
- Feb. 20: Vancouver, BC -- Rogers Arena; On sale Nov. 12 10am
- Feb. 23: St. Paul, MN -- Xcel Energy Center; On sale Nov. 18 10am
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices