Buckingham Palace says Prince Philip enters hospital for exploratory operation

June 6, 2013 12:08:49 PM PDT
Buckingham Palace says Queen Elizabeth II's husband has been admitted to a London hospital for an exploratory operation.

The palace said the operation on 91-year-old Prince Philip will come after "abdominal investigations," but did not elaborate.

In a brief statement, it said Philip was admitted Thursday and will be in the hospital for up to two weeks.

After pulling out of an event earlier this week because of illness, Philip later attended a service to mark the 60th anniversary of the queen's coronation.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices

Load Comments