Electrical problem may be cause of garage fire in northeast Houston

A family escapes without injury after a fire broke out in their northeast Houston garage.

May 29, 2013 7:44:43 AM PDT
A garage fire forced a family out of their northeast Houston home overnight.

The detached garage of the home on Long Creek at Bent Bough caught fire just after 1am.

A man in the home was still awake at the time. He smelled smoke, discovered the fire and got his wife and son out. The fire destroyed the garage and a vehicle inside before firefighters put it out.

No one was hurt. Investigators believe the fire to be the result of an electrical problem.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices

Load Comments