Smoke detector saves family from fire in west Houston

A family was alerted by a smoke detector that a fire broke out in their apartment unit last night.
May 7, 2013 5:18:50 AM PDT
Firefighters say a smoke detector may have saved a family's life last night in west Houston.

The fire broke out in an apartment of the Winding Trails apartments on Wilcrest Lakeside Place around 5am.

There were two adults and two small children in the unit sleeping. Fortunately, the smoke triggered a smoke detector and the family was alerted. They got out safely.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to that one unit. Investigators say the fire started on the stove.
___________________________________________________________

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices


Load Comments