Comcast SportsNet Houston (CSN) is offering a 'freeview' of their channel featuring the Rockets, Astros and Dynamo games through May 31. The cable sports network is in ongoing negotiations with cable providers such as DirecTV, AT&T U-verse, DISH, Suddenlink and others as Houston sports fans are unable to watch their favorite teams on those providers.
The games cannot be seen on 58 percent of TV sets in our area.
On Thursday, CSN Houston announced that the 37-day free trial will begin immediately and will provide live coverage of the Rockets first-round NBA playoff games vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder, including pregame and postgame coverage; upcoming Houston Dynamo matches vs. the Colorado Rapids, L.A. Galaxy, D.C. United, Sporting Kansas City and New England Revolution, and the Astros first American League series match-ups vs. the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees, as well as games against their in-state rivals, the Texas Rangers.
CSN Houston is a partnership between the Astros, Rockets and NBC Sports Group.
Fans are urged to contact their provider in order to find out if CSN Houston's coverage of the Rockets, Astros and Dynamo will be placed on your channel lineup during this limited time. If your provider is not listed below, please refer to your bill for customer service contact information.
- DIRECTV --- 1-888-777-2454
- AT&T --- 1-800-288-2020
- DISH --- 1-888-656-2461
- Suddenlink --- 1-877-794-2724
- Time Warner Cable --- 1-800-TWCABLE
CSN Houston is available in both standard and high definition to all local cable, satellite and telco TV providers and today is carried by:
- Coastal Link (channels 31/131 in Brazoria County, Texas)
- Comcast Cable (channels 39/639 in the Houston area; 86/1688 in Houma, La Place, Monroe and Shreveport, Lou.; 269/1687 in Little Rock, Ark.)
- Consolidated Communications (channels 42/723 in the Houston area)
- Telecom Cable (channel 23 in Freeport, Texas; channel 33 in Fulshear, Texas)
- EnTouch (channels 73/473 in the Houston area)
- Phonoscope (channels 35/293 in the Houston area)
Fans with other TV services should visit IWantCSNHouston.com for the latest distribution developments and to tell their cable, satellite or telco TV provider to add Comcast SportsNet to their channel lineup.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices