The Tyler Fire Department says the critically burned man apparently was using solvents to refinish the floor when the vapors ignited.
Authorities say two other people who saw the house on fire Wednesday and helped search the structure were treated for smoke inhalation.
Investigators say the burn victim has been transported to a Dallas hospital. His name and further details on his condition weren't immediately available Thursday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices