Professional organizer Julie Hibbs with Squared Away gives advice on how to tackle those smaller jobs when you're thinking of spring cleaning.
When you start organizing, remove everything from drawers, categorize the items and put them back in an organizer.
- Expand-a-drawer cutlery tray
- Expanding utensil tray from Container Store
- Vanity space saver - Cosmetics organizer tray
- Dresser drawer space saving boxes
- Organizing boxes from IKEA
Hibbs adds that you shouldn't waste money on gadgets that promise to help you keep your purse organized. Instead, she advises finding a makeup bag and a slim wallet to keep things organized. Additionally, set aside a few minutes at the end of the day to clear the items that made their way into your handbag throughout the day.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices