Police were called out to the Park Houston Apartments on MLK near Park Village in southeast Houston late last night. They say an 80-year-old man had somehow caught fire. He died from his injuries.
Authorities have yet to determine if this was an accident or if foul play was involved.
Sources tell Eyewitness News the man's death may have been the result of a cigarette, but that has not been confirmed by homicide detectives on the scene.
Officials say the victim did not live at the apartment complex.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices