In an effort to serve even more individuals and families in need, H-E-B changed their event this year from its original venue at the George R. Brown Convention Center to a more grassroots outreach format.
More than 300 H-E-B volunteers will work together with 10 community organizations to sponsor more than 7,600 meals to the greater Houston community.
Set for Friday from 7am to 2pm, the event will take place at the following locations across the greater Houston area:
- Cleveland Senior Citizens Organization: 220 Peach St.; 281-592-1174
- The Jewish Community Center: 5601 S. Braeswood; 713-729-3200
- The Beacon Homeless Center: 1212 Prairie St.; 713-220-9737
- Interfaith Ministries of Greater Houston: 3217 Montrose; 713-533-4900
- Spring Assistance Ministries: 850 E. Louetta; 281-353-4480
- Fort Bend County Women's Shelter: 281-344-5750
- Open Door Mission: 5803 Harrisburg; 713-921-7520
- Church of St. John's Downtown: 2019 Crawford, 713-659-3237
- SEARCH: 2505 Fannin; 713-739-7752
- Star of Hope: 713-227-8900