Burning candle to blame for apartment fire Cloverleaf area

Fire officials say the couple left a burning candle when it apparently set fire to their apartment.

October 11, 2012 6:58:50 AM PDT
Fire destroyed an apartment and a burning candle is being blamed for the early morning fire.

It happened early this morning off Corpus Christi and Freeport in the Cloverleaf area.

Firefighters tell Eyewitness News the couple who lived in the unit were getting ready to move and had already cut off electricity but they left a candle burning when they went to bed. The candle apparently caught the rest of the apartment on fire.

They were able to get out safely. Firefighters prevented the flames from spreading to other units.

Load Comments