Dickinson girl, 5, who drank lighter fluid dies

July 18, 2012 1:27:25 PM PDT
We have a sad update to a story we brought you earlier this week. A young Dickinson girl who drank lighter fluid from a water bottle has died.

The five-year-old girl died Tuesday night at Hermann Hospital. Her five-year-old sister, who also drank the lighter fluid, has been treated and released from Clear Lake Regional Hospital.

Their girls' mother says she noticed her daughters drinking it while filling up at a gas station on Saturday. She says the lighter fluid was in an unlabeled water bottle in the car and had been there since July 4. It had been used for fireworks.

Investigators are calling it a tragic accident and say no charges will be filed.


Load Comments