If you're expecting a baby and you're willing to name your child using the words "Texas" and "Renaissance" you could spend the rest of your life attending the festival for free.
The Texas Renaissance Festival has announced their "Heir to the Throne" contest. The contest, which begins on August 1, 2012 will give away their largest prize ever.
One expecting family will have the chance to demonstrate their loyalty and love for the Texas Renaissance Festival by incorporating the words "Texas" and "Renaissance" into their newborn baby's name for the chance to win three lifetime passes -- one for the child and two for the parents. The child will also receive a $1,000 savings bond in their name.
The three lifetime passes will be valid for each festival day for the rest the ticket holder's life.
The rules of the contest are as follows:
- Applicants must submit an introduction that explains the following:
- Why do you want to name your child after the Texas Renaissance Festival?
- What does the Texas Renaissance Festival mean to you and your family?
- How will you incorporate "Texas" and "Renaissance" into your child's name?
- Submit a photo of the expecting family.
- The words "Texas Renaissance" MUST be part of the child's name. They can be used as a first name, or combination of both first and middle names; however they must be used in that order.
- The Texas Renaissance Festival will review submissions and select a winner.
- Before being declared the official winner, the birth certificate with the child's legal name must be presented to the Texas Renaissance Festival.
- All those interested must submit an introduction to:
Texas Renaissance Festival
Attention: Heir to the Throne
21778 FM 1774
Todd Mission, Texas 77363
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org