Dickinson girls hospitalized after drinking lighter fluid

July 16, 2012 5:54:40 AM PDT
Two little girls from Dickinson are in the hospital after reportedly drinking lighter fluid.

According to the Galveston County Daily News, their mother says she noticed her 5-year-old girls drinking it while filling up at a gas station. She says the lighter fluid was in an unlabeled water bottle in the car door panel and had been there since July 4.

Both girls were hospitalized. One is in critical condition.

If ingested, lighter fluid can burn away the lining of the esophagus and the stomach and cause severe lung damage.


Load Comments