Firefighters from Lafayette and Corydon townships responded to the fire about 130 miles northeast of Pittsburgh about 3:30 p.m. Monday.
Penelec officials determined the bear was electrocuted when they responded. Lafayette Township Fire Chief Don Fowler tells the Bradford Era that investigators believe the bear might have detected a buzzing noise from the wires and climbed the pole thinking there was a beehive.
The wildlife damaged less than a quarter of an acre.
Firefighters were on the scene about 45 minutes.