Boy, 8, electrocuted in Galveston County

June 1, 2012 12:27:54 PM PDT
In a tragic accident, an 8-year-old boy was electrocuted Thursday night in Galveston County

The incident happened about 8:35pm in the town of Algoa. Emergency crews responded to a residence in the 5000 block of Graves Rd. to find family members giving CPR to the unresponsive child, Raiden Engstrand. A LifeFlight helicopter airlifted the boy to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston where he was pronounced dead.

Detectives reviewing the scene believe Engstrand, who was playing in his yard with other children, came into contact with a metal canopy support. They say a flourescent light, which had been installed under the canopy, apparently became shorted to ground, electerocuting Engstrand when he touched it.

Investigators suspect no foul play is involved in what they're calling a tragic accident.


Load Comments