Crews battle two overnight fires, including one at Galleria

April 11, 2012 3:51:05 AM PDT
A hot tub may have sparked a fire at a home in southeast Houston last night.

The fire broke out at the home on Hagerman near Harrisburg. Firefighters believe a short in the wiring to the hot tub ignited the fire in a bathroom. The flames spread to the attic.

Firefighters extinguished the fire before it damaged any other part of the home. The residents got out safely, and no one was hurt.

About 15 minutes later, firefighters got a call about a small fire at the Galleria on West Alabama near McCue. They say a few towels caught fire in the laundry room next to the loading dock. Firefighters put out the flames quickly.

The fire did not affect the mall itself, and no one was hurt.

Load Comments