HFD: Boy playing with stove sparked apartment fire

April 8, 2012 8:40:32 PM PDT
Firefighters said a little boy playing with a stove started an apartment fire Sunday in east Houston.

It happened on Coke Street at Calles Street at a complex near Finnegan Park.

Firefighters arrived just before 2:30pm and were able to extinguish the flames.

Two apartment units sustained water damage and one was damaged with smoke and fire.

Firefighters said a cat was rescued from one of the units.

Everyone else got out safely and there were no injuries.

Load Comments