Hazardous materials crews were spending Tuesday at Pearce Petroleum Products in Mineola (min-ee-OH'-luh) for cleanup and removal of contaminated soil.
Wood County Fire Marshal Randy Selman says an employee was replacing the fuel filter and line on a riding lawnmower Sunday night. Selman says some gasoline had spilled.
The worker was using ether to help start the mower when the engine backfired and the spilled fuel caught fire. The tank on a fuel delivery truck also ruptured and spilled.
Fire department crews put out the blaze in about an hour. Nobody was hurt.