Furniture store in landmark building goes up in flames

A fire engulfed a furniture store and caused serious damage to a vehicle and power line.

February 14, 2012 5:15:42 AM PST
History went up in flames in downtown Conroe overnight.

A landmark building on North Frazier Street along Conroe's commercial district became an inferno. The building had housed the William's Furniture store for several years.

Florists working in the Blossom shop across the street first saw the flames and called 9-1-1. By the time firefighters arrived, the furniture store was fully engulfed. The flames were so intense that they caused nearby power lines to spark. At least one SUV parked nearby exploded.

You can read more about the fire in the Courier of Montgomery County. That's one of our Houston Community Newspaper partners.


Load Comments