Space heater may be cause of house fire

January 13, 2012 5:51:50 AM PST
A space heater is behind a house fire overnight on Houston's south side.

The home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. The couple inside was able to get out alive, thanks to their smoke detectors. The couple says they were using a space heater to stay warm during the cold night and a warning, it's expected to be cold again tonight.

So if you use a space heater to stay warm, be sure to take extra precautions.

Load Comments