Home catches fire after family uses fireplace

January 2, 2012 7:05:47 AM PST
A family is safe after a fire in their fireplace engulfed a large part of their home. It happened around 11:30pm Sunday on Irish Hill near Donforth in southwest Houston.

Investigators say the family started a fire in the fireplace, but it quickly spread throughout the house. Firefighters arrived and found the fire coming from the roof. The fire was put out, but not before damaging most of the house.

No one was injured. The fire is under investigation.


Load Comments