Fire at townhome ruled accidental in SW Houston

Firefighters were able to contain an overnight fire at a townhome in Houston's southwest side

September 28, 2011 8:28:06 AM PDT
A fire damaged a townhome on the southwest side.

Residents at a unit on South Dairy Ashford at Leader were forced to leave their homes. No one was hurt. Firefighters say the cause of the blaze is accidental. Apparently, someone spilled something on an electrical power strip, sparking the fire.

The damage was contained to a bedroom in the second floor and the attic. It did not spread to any other townhomes.

Load Comments