Man falsely accused of sex assault discusses impact of allegations

August 10, 2011 8:00:34 PM PDT
A former cable company salesman once charged with sexually assaulting a teenage girl is telling how the how those allegations affected his life.

Last week, prosecutors dropped their case against Jose Torres due to lack of evidence. Torres said he spent $25,000 on his bond and defense for a crime he did not commit and lost his job.

"I lost my job, I lost the house I was living in; my apartment, they threw me out. I lost my job. I lost my freedom. Once I got out with a bond, I thought it was gonna be easy to get back up on my feet but it wasn't the case," he said.

Torres said police did not do an adequate job of investigating and the real rapist is still on the loose.

Load Comments