Broken AC unit may be to blame for duplex fire

Firefighters say the fire started outside the window overnight.

June 13, 2011 5:16:19 AM PDT
A broken air conditioner may have sparked a fire at a duplex in east Houston. Flames broke out around 1am at the duplex on Hershe and Yates. A woman was sleeping inside at the time, but fortunately a couple of neighbors woke up, busted through a window and saved her.

Firefighters say the fire started outside a window, possibly in a window air conditioner.