Swimmer, 8, dies after contact with electric wire

June 2, 2011 7:05:02 AM PDT
An 8-year-old girl who had been swimming at a neighbor's pool in South Texas has died after touching an exposed electrical wire. Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio says Anali Alamillo was still wet from swimming when she was found unconscious by her older brother outside their Brownsville home.

Lucio says the girl was declared dead Tuesday night after being transported to Valley Regional Medical Center.

Lucio says the Alamillo family had a washing machine in the yard and the girl came in contact with some loose electrical wires.

The sheriff says the death appears to have been an accident. An autopsy has been ordered.

Load Comments