Computer sparks house fire in north Houston

Firefighters say a computer that was left on sparked this house fire in north Houston

May 28, 2011 6:56:24 AM PDT
A computer was left on overnight, sparking a fire that nearly destroyed an entire home. The fire was at a house on Norham St. at W. Hardy Rd. in north Houston.

The family left home to go to the store Friday night. When they returned and opened the front door, the house was already filled with smoke, so they ran back out and called 9-1-1.

The Houston Fire Department responded around 10:45pm. When they arrived at the scene, heavy flames were shooting from an upstairs window.

Firefighters made a fast attack and got the extinguished the blaze before it consumed the entire house.

According to investigators, the electrical fire started in an upstairs bedroom where a computer was left on.

Load Comments