Toddler given sangria, not juice at restaurant in FL

In a statement Olive Garden said it would tweak its alcohol policy to prevent any future accidents.

April 14, 2011 5:02:23 AM PDT
A 2-year-old boy was accidentally served sangria instead of orange juice at a central Florida Olive Garden and was taken to the hospital. Orlando-based Darden Restaurants says the incident happened on March 31 in Lakeland. It prompted the company to caution employees to be more careful with alcoholic drinks.

Jill VanHeest says she took her son Nikolai to the hospital after the incident. He was given fluids and released a couple hours later. He has suffered no lasting effects.

VanHeest has an attorney but isn't sure whether she'll sue.

VanHeest's attorney contacted the news media in Florida this week after reports surfaced that a Michigan Applebee's accidentally served a margarita to another toddler.

Load Comments