Residents escape house fire in east Houston

February 4, 2011 2:07:29 AM PST
A space heater may be to blame for a house fire in east Houston. A fire broke out in the back bedroom of the one-story home on New Orleans and Calles around 10pm Thursday. Firefighters were able to put out the fire before it could spread, but the back of the house suffered major damage.

There were two people inside the home at the time. They were able to make it out safely. They told firefighters there was a space heater in the room where the fire started.

Load Comments