- Due to inclement weather conditions, tonight's Willie Nelson concert at the Verizon Wireless Theater has been postponed until April 28. All tickets purchased for the original show will be honored at the new date.
- The Houston Zoo will be closed on Friday, February 4 due to winter storm conditions
- Please be advised that due to the inclement weather and hazardous road conditions, Harris County Jail inmate visitations have been cancelled for today, February 4. Weather permitting, regular visitation hours will resume Saturday morning at 8am.
- METRO is working to continue local bus service but some delays will likely occur as our drivers detour to avoid road hazards.
Riders are encouraged to call the METROLine at 713-635-4000 to determine if there are significant delays or modifications to their normal bus routes.
METRO rail service continues with double cars at 12 minute frequencies rather than the usual six minute intervals.
Airport Direct Service will depart each hour and the trip time will be longer.
METRO expects to resume Park & Ride and HOV lane service on Monday.
Weather and road conditions will be monitored and services adjusted as needed.
METRO will continue to offer warming vehicles at 20 Transit Centers as weather conditions dictate.
Customers are encouraged to visit www.ridemetro.org or call 713-635-4000 for more information about METRO transit services.
- The Houston Aeros game scheduled for Friday, Feb. 4, vs. the Texas Stars, will proceed as scheduled. Face off is set for 7:35 p.m. at Toyota Center.
Due to road conditions in Houston, fans holding tickets for tonight's game may present their unused tickets for admission to one of four future games; Feb. 27, March 6, March 19, April 10.
In addition, tonight's season ticket holder postgame autograph session has been postponed to Feb. 27.
The Aeros front office will offer tickets exchanges to one of the four games listed above beginning Monday, Feb. 7, at 1 p.m. The only way to exchange tickets is by calling 713-974-7825.
- The Houston Parks and Recreation Department will be closed on Friday, February 4, 2011 due to inclement weather. This includes all HPARD Community Centers, Tennis Centers, Golf Facilities, the Lee & Joe Jamail Skatepark, the Hermann Park Mini Train, Hermann Park Pedal Boats and Concessions, the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center, the Houston Garden Center, the Memorial Park Fitness Center, The First Tee of Houston at FM Law Park, and guests with reservations for Lake Houston Wilderness Park should call (281) 354-6881 for more information.
- The City of Houston Solid Waste Management Department (SWMD) will suspend garbage, yard trimmings, recycling and junk waste collection on Friday due to the inclement weather. All public facilities, such as the Westpark Consumer Recycling Center and the Neighborhood Depositories/Recycling Centers will also be closed on Friday.The SWMD will resume its services on Saturday, February 5 pending the weather.
- The Houston Public Library will be closed on Friday due to inclement weather. All Houston Public Library services and programs are cancelled for this period.
- The Houston Office of the Texas Dept. of Motor Vehicles will be closed all day Friday Feb 4th.
- The Harris County Hospital District health centers, school-based clinics and eligibility centers will be closed Friday. All specialty clinics at Ben Taub General Hospital, Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital and Quentin Mease Community Hospital will also be closed Friday. The Riverside Dialysis Center, 3315 Delano, Houston, TX 77004, will remain open. All emergency and inpatient care at the hospital district's facilities-- Ben Taub General Hospital, Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital and Quentin Mease Community Hospital -- will remain in full operation throughout this weather situation. Click here for a full list of HCHD facilities that are closed.
- Due to inclement weather, Sugar Land City offices will open today at 10 a.m. Friday's trash collection and recycling has been rescheduled to Saturday. All scheduled appearances at Sugar Land Municipal Court have been rescheduled to Tuesday, Feb. 8. Those unable to appear on Feb. 8 should contact the court to schedule a new date.
- Port of Houston Authority Administration Offices are closed today.
- Harris County Precinct Two Commissioner Jack Morman has announced that the Lynchburg Ferry will resume service Saturday morning at 10am. Ferry service on both Saturday and Sunday will be from 10 a.m. until 8:15 p.m. Normal operating hours (4:30 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.) will resume Monday.
- The YMCA of Greater Houston tweeted that some of the Y's are operating on a limited schedule. You can find weather alerts and updates here.
- Due to anticipated severe weather conditions, The City of Houston Municipal Courts Department will close as of 4 p.m. Thursday, February 3 and will remain closed Friday, February 4. The Courts will reopen Saturday, February 5 at 8 a.m.
- Harris County Jury service is canceled for Friday. Jurors summoned for that day will be considered to have satisfied their service. They do not need to reschedule. Jury service is expected to resume on Monday, February 7. This message does not pertain to Houston Municipal or Federal Courts.
- Judge Don Coffey, Justice of the Peace, 3-2, Baytown canceled Thursday afternoon dockets scheduled for 2:00pm for the Crosby and Huffman Independent School Districts. New court date notices will be mailed to defendants. Please contact the court at 281 427-7449 for further information.
- Due to inclement weather, Fort Bend County Offices will close on Friday, February 4, 2011 except for those, in the judgment of their supervisors, who cannot be excused for reasons of county security or other essential public business. If you are currently serving as a juror, a Defendant or Attorney scheduled for court, please adhere to the instructions of the presiding Judge. Defendants or Attorneys scheduled for court need to call the Court Coordinator on the next regularly scheduled work day for further information. County Offices will re-open on Monday, February 7, 2011.
- Galveston city offices closed Friday
- Galveston - Island Transit Bus service suspended as of 3:30pm Thursday
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center will close all Neighborhood Donor Centers early today, Thursday, Feb. 3 at 3 p.m. and reopen them at 10 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 4, in consideration of donor and employee safety as severe winter weather arrives.
- Due to disruptions to the computer system caused by the rolling blackouts, and the risk of hazardous driving conditions in the Houston area from late Thursday afternoon into Friday caused by winter weather, HCAD's main office at 13013 Northwest Freeway will be closed EFFECTIVE NOON Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. Normal operations will resume on Monday.
ABC13.com is providing this list as a service to the community. While we strive for accuracy, we cannot guarantee the validity of each and every list item. You may want to check with your employer/business contact.