The MetroLift vehicles are a last-resort refuge during overnight hours, Metro said in a statement. The agency said it would decide whether to continue the service based on weather conditions. Metro police are working with emergency management and will provide patrols after dark to ensure the safety of patrons and drivers.
The warming centers are at:
- Acres Home Transit Center, 1220 W. Little York
- Bellaire Transit Center, 5100 Bellaire at Rice
- Downtown Transit Center, 1900 Main Street
- Eastwood Transit Center, 4400 Gulf Freeway
- Denver Harbor Transit Center, 1500 Lockwood
- Greenspoint Transit Center, 12455 Greenspoint Dr.
- Gulfgate Transit Center, 7400 South Loop
- Heights Transit Center, 6010 N. Main
- Hillcroft Transit Center; 6220 Southwest Fwy
- Hiram Clarke Transit Center, 3600 W. Fuqua
- Hobby Transit Center, 7800 Airport Blvd
- Kashmere Transit Center, 5910 Hirsch
- Magnolia Transit Center, 6948 Harrisburg Blvd.
- Mesa Transit Center, 9419 Mesa
- Northline Transit Center 7705 Fulton
- Northwest Transit Center, 7373 Old Katy Rd.
- Southeast Transit Center, 6000 Scottcrest
- Texas Medical Center Transit Center; 6910 Fannin
- Tidwell Transit Center, 9720 Epsom
- Wheeler Transit Center, 4500 1/2 Main
The City of Friendswood is making available an emergency warming center for those residents who have lost heat from extensive power outages. The warming center is located at the Friendswood Activity Center, 416 Morningside. Their phone number is 281-482-8441.
The City of Pearland is providing a 'warming center' for area residents in need at the Knapp Building, located at 2424 Park St. in Pearland, 77581. The phone number is 281-485-9875.