Jonathan Foster's funeral set for next week

An Amber Alert was issued for 12-year-old Jonathan Foster Monday, December 27th after he went missing on Christmas Eve.
January 1, 2011 6:14:36 AM PST
Funeral arrangements are now set for 12-year-old Jonathan Foster, the boy who was kidnapped and killed on Christmas Eve. Foster's funeral will be held next Tuesday at the Garden Oaks Baptist Church. The woman accused of killing Foster, Mona Nelson, is charged with capital murder.

In an exclusive interview, Nelson told Eyewitness News her side, saying, "I'm not a monster. I have five grandkids and I love kids." Family members say the charges are surprising, but police have a much different opinion.

"(I) don't believe at all she has anything to do with killing a child," said Nelson's sister, Angie Johnson. "That's not Mona."

"She Is a cold soul-less murderer," said HPD Homicide Detective Mike Miller.

Foster's charred remains were found in a ditch earlier this week. Detectives say evidence at Nelson's house linked her to the murder.


Load Comments