Holiday lights short out, cause fire at bank

Firefighters had to use their ladder to put out the fire, which they believe was sparked by shorted-out Christmas lights.

December 15, 2010 9:56:51 AM PST
Firefighters were called out to west Houston around 2am this morning where a bank was on fire. It happened at the Chase Bank location at West Alabama and Argonne. Firefighters responded with a ladder truck to reach the flames on the third level of the building and quickly put out the flames.

No one was hurt.

Investigators say the fire started when Christmas lights on the roof shorted out.


Load Comments