One treated after Austin fraternity house fire

December 7, 2010 10:51:09 AM PST
One person has been treated for smoke inhalation after fire damaged a fraternity house in Austin. The Austin Fire Department says a heating unit is blamed for the fire reported shortly before 4:30 a.m. Tuesday in the attic of the Delta Epsilon Psi house.

About a dozen residents safely evacuated. Fire department spokesman Andre de la Reza says one resident was taken to University Medical Center for evaluation.

De la Reza says the fire was contained to some attic insulation of the West Campus structure. No damage estimate was immediately released.

The National Weather Service says temperatures early Tuesday in Austin dipped to near freezing.


Load Comments