Woman rescued from apartment fire

Firefighters suspect a barbecue pit sparked a two alarm apartment fire in northwest Houston.

November 30, 2010 8:48:26 AM PST
A woman is safe after being trapped during a two-alarm apartment fire in northwest Houston. It happened around 7pm at the Willow Place Apartments near Willowbrook Mall. Witnesses say someone who lived on the ground floor at the building misused a barbeque pit, Within minutes, flames spread up the side of the building to other units.

One woman became trapped inside but fire crews managed to rescue her. Witnesses say the flames were intense.

"It was big. It was all the way to the top. Smoke was coming out up to our side and everything," said witness Clara Alcantar. "It looked like our side was on fire. It was bad."

It took about an hour for firefighters to get the flames under control. Four apartments were damaged, but no one was hurt.

People who were living in those apartments will be relocated to other units.


Load Comments