Cigarette may be to blame for apartment fire

Fire officials believed a tossed out cigarette bud may be to blame for fire in downtown.

October 10, 2010 6:37:17 AM PDT
Firefighters say a cigarette started an apartment fire last night. Firefighters responded to the four story apartment building on St. Emanuel around 10:30pm. It took firefighters a while to find the source of the fire.

The cigarette had rolled into a hole in the hallway. The wood between the floor and a wall was actually on fire. Firefighters had to cut into the wall to reach the flames.

Two apartments suffered smoke damage and another suffered damage to the wall.


Load Comments