Faulty dryer may be to blame for house fire

October 4, 2010 4:58:52 AM PDT
A family escaped a house fire safely overnight in the southeast Houston. That fire started around 12:30am at a home on Belbay near Ridgeway. Firefighters say a woman inside the home was washing clothes when she saw smoke and flames coming from the dryer in the garage.

"Her and her niece evacuated the house and called 911. Once we got on location, we found heavy fire coming from the house," said District Chief Ronnie Martin with the Houston Fire Department.

By the time firefighters arrived, the flames had spread to the home. Crews were able to get the fire under control quickly. But the house is suspected to be a total loss.


Load Comments