Shelter-in-place lifted for Santa Fe ISD students

A shelter-in-place was issued Wednesday afternoon for Santa Fe ISD students after crews ruptured a natural gas line.
September 29, 2010 2:30:06 PM PDT
Students in the Santa Fe ISD were released late from school Wednesday afternoon after a shelter-in-place was lifted due to a ruptured gas line. The rupture happened on Warpath. The shelter-in-place had been issued for people in all buildings along that road. Affected Santa Fe schools included Dan Kubacak Elementary, Cowan Elementary, Barnett Intermediate and Santa Fe Junior High.

The district says that the gas leak was repaired shortly before 4pm, according to CenterPoint Energy. The company said the leak was caused by a third party contractor, who struck a 2-inch plastic line.

According to the Santa Fe ISD web site, "5th-8th Grade students en route home on buses. Car riders are currently being dismissed. 2nd-4th grade bus riders will be loading and on their way home shortly."


Load Comments