Family safely escapes burning home

September 4, 2010 6:26:58 AM PDT
A homeowner in southwest Houston tried to use a garden hose to stop a fire inside his house. It happened at the home on Dickson and Bethje around 1am Saturday. Investigators say the homeowner put a steak inside the oven and forgot about it. The stove caught fire and the flames spread throughout the house.

Fortunately, a smoke detector woke up the family and everyone got out safely. Firefighters were able to get the flames out, but there is significant damage to the home.

Load Comments