KINGWOOD, TX --Two homes were damaged in a two-alarm fire in Kingwood last night. The fire started at the home on Evergreen Glade and Fir Cove around 8:20pm. Investigators say nobody was home at the time, since the family had gone out to the grocery store. While firefighters were trying to stop the flames, the fire started burning the garage of the house next door.
Firefighters got it under control, but the first home was destroyed.
One firefighter was treated for overheating, but is expected to be OK.