Unattended stove being blamed for house fire

August 24, 2010 5:15:58 AM PDT
Houston firefighters put out a blaze in the kitchen of a home in southwest Houston overnight. It happened a little before 11pm at a home on Bellaire and Mary Bates. Firefighters found flames in the kitchen but knocked them down in about 15 minutes.

The family had gone out to dinner due to their power being out from those strong storms yesterday and the wife believes she left the stove on accidentally.

Everyone made it out safely.


Load Comments