Box of chlorine explodes inside hardware store

Late last night, more than a hundred employees of the hardware supply business were evacuated after a chlorine leak inside the building.

August 23, 2010 7:35:22 AM PDT
Houston firefighters were called to a business in southeast Houston for a chemical leak last night. It happened at the Handy Hardware Supply store on Tewantin near Nelms. Firefighters found a large pallet of boxed chlorine, which had spontaneously exploded. A high volume of chlorine filled the warehouse. More than 100 employees evacuated safely.

A HazMat team cleaned up the spill and the business reopened about two hours later.


Load Comments