Heat scare for local high school football player

August 11, 2010 4:52:38 PM PDT
A local high school football player needed medical attention after the heat became too much for him to handle on Wednesday. A Worthing High School coach told us the player was on the sideline during morning practice. He became overheated and stretched out on the ground. Paramedics gave him ice packs and fluids.

Coaches take extra precautions to protect players from the heat. HISD does not allow any sports or band practices outside between 10am and 5pm to protect students from the heat.


Load Comments