Autopsy: Singer drank insecticide

July 15, 2010 8:24:16 AM PDT
A pathologist says the popular Romanian singer Madalina Manole caused her own death by drinking nearly a pint (nearly half a liter) of insecticide. National Forensic Institute chief Dan Demengiu said Thursday the singer died within minutes of drinking a powerful poison called Furadan, which is used to control insects in crops.

Manole's husband found her dead early Wednesday, her 43rd birthday.

Manole became one of the country's best-loved artists, specializing in folk and popular music, often with romantic themes, and her death shocked Romanians.

No funeral plans have been announced.


Load Comments