Electrical short being blamed for house fire

June 23, 2010 4:41:15 AM PDT
A fire tore through the roof of a home in southeast Houston last night. Firefighters were called to a home on Marietta around 11:30pm. They saw heavy flames coming from the attic. Firefighters managed to contain the fire to the attic, but flames did damage the roof.

Firefighters believe an electrical short circuit started the fire. The homeowner said he had smelled smoke all evening, but hadn't been able to find the fire. He saw smoke coming from the attic when he was getting ready for bed.


Load Comments