Water heater may be to blame for house fire

June 17, 2010 10:18:49 AM PDT
Houston firefighters found heavy flames coming from a detached garage at a home in north Houston. It happened around 8:30pm Wednesday at Penn near the Eastex Freeway. A car was inside the garage when the fire sparked. The flames spread to the back of the house. One woman was inside at the time and got out safely. The next door neighbor's house also caught in fire but no one was home.

Arson detectives ruled the fire an accident, and say it may have started with the hot water heater.


Load Comments