Fire ruled accidental in death of pastor, wife

June 3, 2010 2:02:12 PM PDT
Authorities have released the results of an investigation into a house fire that killed a pastor and his wife in Sugar Land. The Fort Bend County Fire Marshall's Office concluded the cause of the May 30th blaze was an accidental electrical fire which appears to have originated in the attic. The house is located in the 14300 block of Branchwater Ln. in the Townewest subdivision.

The Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office said Tuesday that the preliminary autopsy findings revealed both victims died as a result of smoke inhalation.

Fort Bend Co. detectives have identified Thomaskutty Aleyamma, 53, as one of the victims. The second victim has not been officially identified, but is believed to be her spouse; Thomaskutty Joseph, 55. An official determination is pending, awaiting results of DNA analysis.

The couple moved to the Houston area 10 years ago from southern India. The husband was a pastor and a chaplain in the Memorial Hermann Hospital system.


Load Comments