Circuit breaker cause of SE Houston house fire

May 30, 2010 4:56:48 AM PDT
Arson investigators believe a circuit breaker is to blame for a fire in the attic of a southeast Houston home on Saturday night. The fire broke out around 9:30pm. A Houston Fire Department official says a quick attack helped control flames at the one-story wood frame house on Winfree at Telephone.

The people inside managed to escape before anyone got hurt.

Investigators say a shorted-out circuit breaker caught fire and the flames spread to the back of the house and into the attic. They say the house will probably have to be knocked down.