Pets killed in house fire in NE Houston

The woman escaped the burning home, but several of her pets were killed

May 18, 2010 8:49:07 AM PDT
A woman cooking in her kitchen accidentally set her house on fire, killing many of her pets. The fire started just before 9am on Abernathy near Wyle just northeast of downtown Houston. Fire crews say the homeowner burned her arm while cooking and the fire got out of control. The woman and her neighbors used garden hoses to try to contain the fire, but they were unsuccessful.

The woman was able to escape. However, three Chihuahuas and a parakeet were killed. A fourth dog was saved.


Load Comments