Smoking in bed may have caused apartment fire

May 18, 2010 8:13:09 AM PDT
Fire engulfed an apartment complex in northwest Houston this morning. It happened at the Pine Ridge Place apartments on Tidwell near Antoine. Investigators tell us the fire was quickly contained to just one unit.

Right now officials don't know what started the fire, although residents who talked with the man inside the apartment that caught fire say he admitted to going to bed while smoking a cigarette.

Everyone was able to get out in time. No one was hurt.


Load Comments