Embalming fluid stolen from area funeral home

January 27, 2010 4:57:50 PM PST
Authorities are issuing a warning after a funeral home in Hempstead was burglarized. On Sunday, it was discovered that Singleton's Funeral Home in Hempstead was burglarized. Items stolen from the funeral home include volatile chemicals used in the preparation of deceased persons. The chemicals known as embalming fluid along with other poisonous chemicals that were stolen are considered to be flammable and fatal if consumed or ingested.

Embalming fluid is used to dip cigarettes or marijuana cigarettes, commonly referred to as "wet" or "fry", and then smoked. The following symptoms and/or side effects of consuming or ingesting these poisonous chemicals are said to be; irritation and inflammation of the mouth, throat and stomach. Severe stomach pains followed with possible loss of consciousness, blindness and even death.

Authorities stress the importance that the public know the seriousness in the effects of consuming or ingesting these chemicals. Anyone who physically comes into contact with these chemicals is instructed to seek medical attention immediately.

Anyone having any information regarding the burglary or the whereabouts of these poisonous chemicals is asked to contact the Hempstead Police Department at 979-826-3332.


Load Comments